Sudan is a Contracting State to the ICSID Convention:
- Signature: 15 March 1967
- Deposit of Ratification: 9 April 1973
- Entry into Force: 9 May 1973
- On 19 November 1981, pursuant to Article 25(3) of the ICSID Convention, Sudan designated 1 consituent subdivision/agency as compentant to be a party to an ICSID arbitration: 1) The General Petroleum Corporation.
- Pursuant to Article 54(2) of the ICSID Convention, Sudan has designated “Khartoum Province Court” as competent for the recognition and enforcement of ICSID awards.
- Pursuant to Article 69 of the ICSID Convention, Sudan enacted the Republican Decree No. 121 of 1972 to make the Convention effective in their jurisdiction.
Sudan is not a Contracting State to the New York Convention:
- Date of Accession: N/A
- Entry into Force: N/A
Sudan is a not Contracting State to the 1899 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
Sudan is a Contracting State to the 1907 Convention for the Pacific Settlement of International Disputes:
- Entry into Force: 2 December 1966
Sudan is a United Nations Member State:
- Date of Admission: 12 November 1956
Official State Name: Republic of the Sudan - جمهورية السودان - Jumhūrīyat as-Sūdān
Official Languages: Arabic, English
Currency: Sudanese pound (
Time Zone: East Africa Time (UTC+3)
International Calling Code: +249
Internet TLD: .sd